Ontario’s Minister of Research and Innovation, Glen Murray, today announced the chair and board members of the Water Technology Acceleration Project (WaterTAP).
Nicholas Parker, co-founder and chair of the Cleantech Group, will chair the board. Other members from the public and private sector include
- Peter Gallant, VP of business development and regulatory affairs, Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies
- Linda Gowman, CTO, Trojan Technologies
- David Henderson, managing partner, XPV Capital Corporation
- Peter Huck, professor in water treatment, University of Waterloo
- Carol Maas, innovation and technology director, POLIS Water Sustainability Project
- Jane Pagel, president and CEO, Ontario Clean Water Agency
- Brent Wootton, senior scientist, Centre for Alternative Wastewater Treatment, Fleming College
WaterTAP was established under the Province’s Water Opportunities and Water Conservation Act, 2010, with a mandate to help grow globally competitive companies, and provide high-value jobs in Ontario’s water and wastewater sector. The group will identify opportunities, build partnerships, and improve information flow within the water and wastewater sector.