Councillor Karen Ras was acclaimed as chair of Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) at the inaugural 2021 Board of Directors meeting held on January 15, 2021. Ras was first elected chair in 2019 and has served on the CVC board since 2014.
“I’m honoured to be acclaimed as Chair of Credit Valley Conservation,” said Councillor Ras. “I take great pride in the work we do to protect, connect and sustain our local environment and I’m eager to help CVC work through the expected challenges of enacting the requirements of the updated Conservation Authorities Act.”
The CVC Board of Directors also acclaimed Town of Oakville Councillor Tom Adams as vice chair. Adams has served on the CVC board since 2011 and has served as Vice Chair in 2013 and currently since 2019.
The CVC board consists of 12 members from watershed municipalities
- Karen Ras, Ward 2, City of Mississauga and Region of Peel Councillor
- Tom Adams, Ward 6, Town of Oakville and Region of Halton Councillor
- Martin Medeiros, Wards 3 and 4, City of Brampton and Region of Peel Councillor
- Michael Palleschi, Wards 2 and 6, City of Brampton and Region of Peel Councillor
- Ron Starr, Ward 6, City of Mississauga and Region of Peel Councillor
- Stephen Dasko, Ward 1, City of Mississauga and Region of Peel Councillor
- Matt Mahoney, Ward 8, City of Mississauga and Region of Peel Councillor
- Johanna Downey, Ward 2, Town of Caledon and Region of Peel Councillor
- Ann Lawlor, Ward 4 Councillor, Town of Halton Hills
- John Brennan, Councillor, Town of Erin
- Grant Peters, Councillor, Town of Orangeville
- John Stirk, Deputy Mayor, Township of East Garafraxa
CVC is accountable through its Board of Directors to the municipalities and residents in the Credit River Watershed. The board approves and guides CVC policies, programs, services and sets its annual budget.
Header Image Credit: CVC.