Beginning in the Spring of 2023, Loyalist Township’s Utilities Division will be undertaking work at the Odessa Water Tower. Preparatory work will begin the week of March 13th, 2023 and the tower is expected to be taken out of service the week the week of April 10th until approximately the end of June, 2023. The purpose of the work is to reline that tower’s interior in order to maintain its long term structural integrity.
The project was awarded to Landmark Municipal Services and work is scheduled to begin in March. Landmark Municipal Services has over 40 years of experience in municipal water tower maintenance and water tank repair and inspection services. The new liner, like all other drinking water components, are compliant with NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 regulations.
Municipal drinking water in Amherstview, Odessa, Brooklands & Harewood is supplied by the Fairfield Water Treatment Plant in Amherstview. We expect that drinking water customers should see minimal impact during the tower shutdown. Regular seasonal outdoor water use restrictions will be in effect as of May 1. The Township will not impose additional water use restrictions. However, we request that customers in the Fairfield water system please be mindful of water usage throughout the shutdown.
- The Odessa Water Tower was constructed in 1978.
- The Odessa Water Tower provides 900 m³ of water storage to the Fairfield Water Distribution system.
- An inspection in November 2021 identified that its interior liner had reached the end of its useful life and would require replacement.
- Several other components of the tower also need to be replaced, including the exterior access ladder and various safety equipment. Access hatches will also be repaired.
- The project will take place during the Spring and early Summer 2023 with tower expecting to be out of service from mid-April to mid- June.