Join our team!
Seeking a full time Content and Marketing Manager
Reporting to our Senior Editorial Staff, we are looking for a smart, prolific, and talented content manager to write and produce compelling content to expand our internal and external channels – magazines, websites, and custom media projects – focused on infrastructure, water, resilience, and environmental issues. This person will also play a central role in marketing and communications for the two magazines.
In this role, the Content Manager will enable knowledge mobilization of Canadian scientific and economic research, technological advancements, and engineering best practices related to infrastructure, water, clean energy, and the environment in Canada.
As a member of Actual Media’s Editorial Team, you will be responsible for:
• Researching, writing, curating, and editing content for ReNew Canada and Water Canada magazines (digital and print).
• Supporting, writing, and editing a variety of client projects, including newsletters, video scripts, website content, white papers, news releases, ad copywriting, case studies, custom publications, and more.
• Providing research and writing support for our annual Top100 Projects report; and support during the lead up to our annual Top100 dinner event.
• Providing useful feedback around the company’s web development strategies, including basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
• Collaborating with design teams to develop visually compelling products.
• BA in communications, journalism, or an equivalent level of education.
• 2+ years of proven experience in an editorial, communications, or writing role.
• Ability to express ideas clearly, succinctly, and logically.
• Exceptional proofreading, editing, and grammar skills.
• Experience with Google Analytics and understanding of other content effectiveness techniques, including SEO.
• Understands basic best practices of social media.
• Strong organization skills.
• Works cooperatively with key team members and clients while also having a proven ability to work independently.
Start date: September 4, 2016.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples to Katherine Balpataky at [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Content and Marketing Manager.”