Eight non-profit groups are receiving provincial funding to further protect the Saskatchewan’s water resources.
The non-profit agencies that keep Saskatchewan’s watersheds and water bodies healthy and viable will receive $25,000 each for a total of $200,000. Recipients are
- Assiniboine Watershed Stewardship Association Inc.;
- Lower Souris Watershed Committee Inc.;
- Moose Jaw River Watershed Stewards Inc.;
- North Saskatchewan River Basin Council Inc.;
- South Saskatchewan River Watershed Stewards Inc.; and
- Wascana and Upper Qu’Appelle Watersheds Association Taking Responsibility Inc.
Funding recipients also include the First Nations Agricultural Council of Saskatchewan Inc. and the Swift Current Creek Watershed Stewards Inc.