Jennifer Innis, Regional Councillor representing Wards 3 & 4 for the Town of Caledon, has been elected as Chair of Toronto and Region Conservation Authority’s (TRCA) Board of Directors. In her role as Chair, Regional Councillor Innis will preside over Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings as well as serve on the Regional Watershed Alliance.
Further, Jack Heath, Regional Councillor for the City of Markham, was re-elected Vice-Chair of the TRCA Board of Directors. Regional Councillor Heath will also serve on the Regional Watershed Alliance.
At the Board of Directors meeting, Executive Committee members were also elected. The new Executive Committee is comprised of:
- Regional Councillor Joanne Dies (Durham Region)
- Regional Councillor Gordon Highet (Durham Region)
- Regional Councillor Dipika Damerla (Peel Region)
- Regional Councillor Jennifer Innis (Peel Region)
- Regional Councillor Jack Heath (York Region)
- Regional Councillor Linda Jackson (York Region)
- Councillor Paul Ainslie (City of Toronto)
- Ronald Chopowick (City of Toronto)
- Vincent Crisanti (City of Toronto)
- Glenn DeBaeremaeker (City of Toronto)
- Mike Mattos (City of Toronto)
- Councillor Anthony Perruzza (City of Toronto)
Comprised of representatives from the City of Toronto, the Regional Municipalities of Peel, Durham, and York, and the Township of Adjala-Tosorontio and Town of Mono, TRCA’s Board of Directors is responsible for the organization’s strategic direction, ensuring compliance with applicable legislation.
TRCA is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario. It has more than 60 years of experience working with municipalities and other partners to look after the watersheds of the Toronto region and its Lake Ontario waterfront.