Several Canadian water industry companies have won 2009 Deloitte Technology Green 15 Awards, an award created in 2007 to showcase 15 Canadian companies that are leading the way to create major breakthroughs in the field of green technology.
In no particular order:
- H2O Innovation Inc. designs, develops, produces, and integrates custom-built water treatment systems for the production of drinking water, the reclamation of water, the treatment of wastewater and industrial process water for multiple markets.
- Bionest designs, manufactures and markets equipment which provides solutions for the treatment of domestic wastewater.
- EnviroTower provides a comprehensive and financially rewarding approach for companies to switch to clean cooling tower water treatment. The solution includes a patented water treatment system and leading-edge remote system monitoring capabilities, all supported by a comprehensive service program to ensure that customers receive the maximum return on their clean cooling tower water treatment system investments.
- Ground Effects Environmental Services Inc. is an environmental remediation company specializing in in-situ remediation solutions. GEE has more than 70 technology innovations in such areas as multi-phase extraction, electrokinetic remediation, bioremediation and high pressure generalized injection, electrocoagulation water remediation, and pneumatic fracturing systems.
- ProSep Inc. offers a full line of methods for handling produced water while keeping installations in compliance and online. The line includes primary, secondary, and tertiary treatment solutions for onshore, fixed-offshore, and floating-offshore facilities. All of the offerings have been proven over a broad spectrum of applications and years of strong performance. Their individual limitations are also well-defined and understood.
- Real Tech Inc. is dedicated to providing high quality analytical and monitoring instrumentation with a primary focus on UV photometry for the water and wastewater industry.
“The Deloitte Technology Green 15 Award recognizes those Canadian companies that offer solutions to global environmental challenges by creating intellectual property and technology that reduce society’s environmental impact,” said John Ruffolo of Deloitte. “[These companies] are creating technology solutions that have a significant environmental impact and demonstrate a compelling return on investment, despite being in a recession. In doing so, they are helping position Canada as a global leader in the development of commercially-viable green technology.”
For the entire list of winners, click here.