Imagine H2O has announced the startups that will take part in the 2018 accelerator program, including two Canadian firms, Island Water Technologies and H2nanO.
From over 200 companies in 36 countries that applied to the organization’s 9th annual program, 13 companies have been selected to participate.
Through the evaluation process, Imagine H2O’s experts collectively provided more than 2,500 comments to the applicants — underscoring the organization’s efforts to advance informed innovation in the water sector.
The selected startups have demonstrated considerable commercial promise in addition to their impact potential on the 2018 challenge areas: scarcity & resilience, water efficiency, utility operations, monitoring & treatment, and data & analytics.
Launched last week, the 2018 accelerator companies begin a 10-month program that includes access to customer validation opportunities via Imagine H2O’s Beta Partners Program, investor introductions, industry visibility and mentorship. The participants will be honored at Imagine H2O’s WaterGala ’18 on March 14th in San Francisco.
The complete list of participating organizations is below:
- Aquam LLC — Technology for energy neutral, decentralized, wastewater treatment, enabling onsite water reuse with 50–80% reduction in incumbent operational costs.
- change:WATER Labs — A portable, evaporative toilet for homes without power or plumbing — eliminating over 95% of daily sewage volumes onsite, expanding safe, clean, private sanitation in unsewered homes at low cost with low maintenance requirements.
- Cloud to Street — A remote sensing dashboard providing the data to enable access to flood insurance for the 90% of customers in emerging markets currently uninsured against catastrophe.
- CustoMem — Novel adsorbent biomaterials, optimized to capture specific pollutants from wastewater, that clean water to meet regulations in a simple, safe and cost effective process.
- eWaterPay — Affordable, reliable, easily deployed smart water connections for emerging market populations, increasing service reliability by over 100% and revenue collection by 175%.
- Fracta — Machine Learning condition assessment for potable water mains, enabling significant optimization in utility maintenance and debt service spend.
- H2nanO — Chemical-free, powerful destruction of persistent, problematic organics in wastewater, enabling compliance and reuse at up to 80% lower cost.
- Intelliflux — Artificial intelligence-guided adaptive cleaning for membrane and filtration processes, making treatment plants more efficient, reliable, and economical.
- Island Water Technologies — Bioelectrode wastewater sensor, providing drop-in, low-cost, real-time monitoring of microbial activity and other parameters in the Anaerobic Digestion process.
- Osmo Systems — Proprietary, low-cost water quality sensors that enable continuous monitoring in shrimp farms to drive higher, more predictable yields.
- Pipeguard Robotics — Design, manufacture, and operation of small-scale robots to identify and pinpoint pipe leaks early and accurately.
- RWEDI Solutions Inc. — Purifies building water before entering the cooling tower system, reducing chemical and energy needs and cutting operating costs by 20%.
- Water Pigeon — A fast, simple, secure alternative to existing automated meter reading without wholesale replacement of existing legacy hardware.
More details are available on Imagine H2O’s website.