Quinte West, Ontario, announced in August that it will invest almost $2.8 million into its water and wastewater infrastructure.
The city will focus on funding of 5 projects:
- $600,000 for the Trenton Water Treatment Plant backwash;
- $600,000 for the Parry Drive Watermain looping;
- $790,000 to the Trenton Wastewater Plant sludge storage;
- $300,000 towards the Dundas Street Pumping Station;
- And $500,000 for the sanitary sewer replacement on North Murray Street.
The municipality is expected to receive $1.2 million in funding from the federal government and $600,000 from the province.
To secure the funding, the city must pass a council resolution and complete an application by October 31, 2016.
Condensed from an article on the Quinte News website.