The federal government and Government of Manitoba have announced funding for water infrastructure projects in five communities in Manitoba’s Parkland Region. Federal funding will come through the Small Communities Fund of the New Building Canada Fund.
The projects include:
– Installation of a new trunk sewer in the Town of Neepawa;
– Upgrades to the Hayes Street pump station in the Town of Swan River;
– Sewer line renewal on 7th Street in the Town of Hamiota;
– Lagoon expansion in the Town of Minitonas; and
– Expansion of the Yellowhead regional water system in the Rural Municipality of Westbourne.
“The Town of Neepawa is pleased that our application has received approval from the New Building Canada Fund,” said Neepawa Mayor Adrian de Groot. “This first round approval will mean that we can begin a phased approach to the development of a high priority infrastructure project which will provide alternate solid waste flow from the west side of our community directly to our treatment facilities.”