1. Canada announces investment to support technology development and commercialization
The Government of Canada announced an investment of $20 million to support the development and commercialization of products and technologies, including water and wastewater technologies. Read the full story here.
2. Foresight and Aqua Forum partner to kickstart watertech startups
Foresight’s accelerator program for early stage startups, Kickstart, was integrated into both AquaHacking 2021 Challenges: the Western Canada Challenge and the Mille Îles River Challenge. Read the full story here.
3. SENTRY Water Monitoring receives investment through SDTC
Charlottetown-based SENTRY Water Monitoring received an investment of $1.9 million through Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC). This was the first SDTC investment in SENTRY Water Monitoring and part of a partnership that is advancing the company as an industry leader in wastewater treatment. Read the full story here.
4. Sedaru acquired by Vancouver-based Aquatic Informatics
Sedaru Inc.—a provider of water utility management software—was acquired by Vancouver-based Aquatic Informatics. Sedaru also joined Danaher’s Water Quality platform. Read the full story here.
5. BioAlert Solutions receives investment through SDTC
Sherbrooke-based BioAlert Solutions received an investment of $900,000 through Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC). The investment will help the company advance its water safety monitoring technology to minimize the risks and costs associated with Legionella contamination. Read the full story here.