Posted on August 29, 2018
Organization: Water Environment Federation
WEFTEC 2018 – 92nd Annual Water Environment Federation’s Technical Exhibition and Conference
September 29, 2018 12:00 am to October 1, 2018 12:00 am
WEFTEC is the largest conference of its kind in North America and offers water quality professionals from around the world with the best water quality education and training available today.
Also recognized as the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world, the expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field; serves as a forum for domestic and international business opportunities; and promotes invaluable peer-to-peer networking among registrants.
WEFTEC has shown continual growth for both the technical program and exhibition. WEFTEC 2015, which was held in Chicago, set a new exhibition record and was the largest showing for WEF in the Windy City.
What Makes WEFTEC a Leading Source in Water Quality?
A wide range of topics and focus areas allow registrants to design their own, unique learning experience while earning up to 16.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for continuing education units and eight general Contacts Hours per day visiting the Exhibition. An increasing number of abstract submittals from experts in the water quality field results in a world-class technical program of technical sessions and workshops that addresses a diverse and comprehensive list of contemporary water and wastewater issues and solutions including:
- Collection Systems – Management, operations and maintenance, infrastructure, overflow reduction, wet weather planning, watershed approaches, and regulations
- Energy Conservation and Management – Resource recovery, combined heat and power, biogas optimization
- Membrane Technologies – Application in wastewater and water reuse, innovations, enhanced performance, regulatory compliance
- Plant Operations and Treatment – Innovations, technologies, processes, and proven solutions in water and wastewater treatment; including nutrient removal and odor control
- Regulations – CMOM/SSO Rules, TMDL/Watershed Rules, Nutrient Trading, and NPDES Phase II
- Research – Leading edge process applications in water and wastewater treatment and recent developments
- Residuals & Biosolids – Incineration, disposal, reuse through land application, research, regulations, politics, and public perception
- Stormwater – Treatment, green infrastructure, wet weather management, modeling
- Utility Management – Asset Management and financial planning for infrastructure, technology, regulatory compliance, and security; including environmental management systems (EMS)
- Water Reuse/Recycling – Research, regulations, emerging technologies, proven processes
- Water Quality & Watershed Management – Stormwater, wet weather, and watershed issues
New Orleans Morial Convention Center